CreditLine Processor Setup
| This article is part of the
Payment Processing Software Library
|Connect to it...|
|Set it up...|
|Learn to use it...|
|More Info ...|
→ Not finding all the answers? Try Knowledge Base!
- 1 Merchant Account Setup Guidelines
- 2 Qualified Rates and Downgrades
- 3 Processor Setup Sheets
- 4 Processor Support Contact Info
- 5 Firewall Setup
- 6 Dial-Up Backup
- 7 Cloud9 Passthrough Setup
- 8 Credit Card Processor Setup
- 8.1 IP Processor Setup
- 8.1.1 American Express IP (Reverse PIP)
- 8.1.2 Concord Web Services
- 8.1.3 Global VXN
- 8.1.4 Heartland Payment Systems IP
- 8.1.5 MasterCard Internet Gateway Service - MIGS (Worldwide)
- 8.1.6 Elavon / Nova Conex
- 8.1.7 First Data CES IPN North
- 8.1.8 First Data Nashville EDC
- 8.1.9 Moneris Canada
- 8.1.10 Paymentech
- 8.1.11 WorldPay / RBS Lynk IP
- 8.1.12 SAGE Payment Solutions
- 8.1.13 TSYS/VITAL
- 8.1.14 Vantiv 5/3rd Bank
- 8.1.15 4CS Caribbean Credit Card
- 8.2 Dial-Up Credit Card Processor Setup
- 8.1 IP Processor Setup
- 9 Debit Card Processor Setup
- 10 Gift Card Processor Setup
- 10.1 IP Gift Cards Processor Setup
- 10.2 Dial-Up Gift Cards Processor Setup
Merchant Account Setup Guidelines
1) Merchant account must be flagged for use with CreditLine Credit Card Software or 911 Software CreditLine Credit Card Software(not "Generic Software" or anything else).
2) Setup your accounts as Terminal Capture (data remains on the terminal and is settled there) NOT Host Capture. In other words, make sure that the account is setup for "Auth and Fund" (EDC Service Type 7) or "Auth and Capture" , not just "Auth" (EDC Service Type 0) or just "Purchase". This does not apply to processors that only support "Host Capture" (such as AMEX IP). Confirm that the account is NOT set for auto-capture/auto-settlement.
3) If you are planning to accept American Express/Discover, ask your credit card processor to enable it. 60% of the setup problems are due to the processor forgetting the enable/setup American Express cards on the account. This will cause batches to fail if there are any AMEX cards present. If you are not planning to accept AMEX, make sure "card is accepted" is NOT checked in AMEX Authorization Setup page.
4) Make sure that the Authorization Configuration for ALL CARDS and Settlement setup have the same setup or point to the same account (in most cases they have to be). Check CreditLine Manager Info Panel for warnings.
5) ALWAYS call processor support after the first batch to check if the transactions in question have been received by the credit card processor. If transactions are not received, check Authorization and Settlement Setup for EVERY CARD. In initial setup it is possible to overlook the fact that some cards are not setup to go to the live account that you are using. See CreditLine Setup Guide for setup instructions if a problem occurs.
6) When troubleshooting your merchant setup please call your processors and ALWAYS ask for PC Support or Advanced Product Support. They are the only ones who can help you directly. Your bank or processor customer service will not be able to have proper access to your account and will cause delays
7) Merchant Account changes may invalidate your license - please check with your CreditLine Authorized Reseller before changing processors
8) Don't forget to reload CreditLine confiration to apply the changes!
9) Check CreditLine Manager Info Panel for warnings after following step 9)
Qualified Rates and Downgrades
Processor industry is becoming more competitive. One consequence is more stringent qualified rates guidelines.
→ Warning: the following issues may result in significant downgrade fees or non-qualified rates!
- Using older versions of payment processing software. Only the latest version may contain the most recent protocol and compliance features required to qualify for the lowest rates.
- Setting the wrong account industry type for some type of transactions. For more info see Industry Type in Business Configuration Dialog Box.
- Settling a batch after 24 hours
- Typed-in cards are treated the same as "card not present". Ultimately, the merchant provider determines the rate, some will grant discounts based on whether AVS, CVV or zip are being sent with the transaction, others will charge a higher rate no matter what.
- Foreign cards are high risk and will be charged non-qualified fees.
- Rewards cards, such as VISA Rewards Cards are charged a higher rate automatically.
- Sending in a tax amount and customer code (invoice number/folio number) are required for commercial cards or those will get higher fees. Version 3.03.14 SP4+ will do this automatically, regardless of what the POS is sending.
Processor Setup Sheets
You may print a CreditLine Setup Sheet to fax to your processor or merchant account sales rep.
Processor Support Contact Info
Note: for IP processor setups: if you are using a firewall, make sure to open the following ports for both incoming and outgoing traffic: 80, 8080 and the processor specific port (usually 443) that can be found in the links below.
Restriction of IP addresses by the firewall is not recommended as they are subject to change without notice by the processor. If absolutely required, the following addresses need to be routed:
- Verisign secure certificate authority 184.108.40.206-20
- The corresponding IP addresses mapped by the processor URL as set in 911\data\ccv_link.ini (search for your processor)
Listing of Ports Used Across All Platforms
→ the following are the ports used by 911 Software across all platforms. The ports have to be open for both incoming and outgoing traffic.
For ports specific to your installation please see a setup article for the processor used.
This info can also be found in 911/data/ccv_link.ini file:
|Type Of Connection||Port||Notes|
|SSL||443||Required for SSL communications, such as Datawire|
|HTTP||80||Required for HTTP communications|
|HTTP||8080||Required for some HTTP communications|
|Moneris||50000||Only for Moneris|
|Ernex||2000||Only for Ernex|
|Givex||50036||Only for Givex|
|SVS||5190||Only for SVS. SVS Test Server uses port 5120|
|FDC IPN North DLL||19000||old versions using FDC DLL only (deprecated)|
Please see Dialup Backup Guide
Cloud9 Passthrough Setup
Credit Card Processor Setup
IP Processor Setup
American Express IP (Reverse PIP)
Concord Web Services
First Data will discontinue Concord EFSNet on March 31, 2009. Call your provider ASAP to arrange for migration to a different platform.
- Global VXN using Datawire network
Heartland Payment Systems IP
MasterCard Internet Gateway Service - MIGS (Worldwide)
Elavon / Nova Conex
First Data CES IPN North
- First Data Corp/FDMS/FDC North/CES using Datawire network
First Data Nashville EDC
- FDC Nashville EDC Setup using Datawire Network
WorldPay / RBS Lynk IP
SAGE Payment Solutions
Vantiv 5/3rd Bank
4CS Caribbean Credit Card
Dial-Up Credit Card Processor Setup
All Dial-Up Credit Card Processor Setup Instructions
→ The setup is the same as IP processors, except the connection setup, for example of which you can see CreditLine_Offline_Options#Connection_Configuration
After you have completed the connection configuration, please proceed to the IP Setup documentation
For Dial-up: the default dial-up numbers are programmed into CreditLine. If the phone number field is empty, it will be auto-filled after you click OK in Merchant Setup in CreditLine Settlement Configuration dialog. In the latest versions, you can also click Default next to the Phone Numbers fields to auto-fill them, otherwise, delete the phone numbers before entering Merchant Setup to use the auto-fill feature.
American Express Split-Dial With IP Processor Setup - deprecated
- American Express Dial-Up Split Authorization for IP Processors - deprecated
- American Express Dial-up Split Settlement Setup - deprecated
American Express Split-Dial And Dial-Up Processor Setup - deprecated
American Express Dial-up Split Settlement Setup - deprecated
Debit Card Processor Setup
Debit support is different for every processor. Currenlty, we are working on adding additional processors to the supported debit card processor list. Only IP processors are supported at this time.
Chase Paymentech Debit Card
Moneris Debit Canada
Nova Debit Card
TSYS/VITAL Debit Card
Gift Card Processor Setup
IP Gift Cards Processor Setup
Comdata SVS Gift Cards
FDC North (ValueLink) Gift Cards
Vantiv Fifth/Third Gift Cards
Givex Gift Cards
HPS Gift Cards
Paymentech Gift Cards
ValuTec Gift Cards
WorldPay RBS Lynk Gift Cards
Dial-Up Gift Cards Processor Setup
SVS Gift Cards
For additional processor setup information please refer to the Setup Guide